Maggie's Angels Blog » Pet Portraits Custom Artwork Art Animals

Masthead header

The Cat Walk Wall

On Wednesday August 18th, my husband Kent, my son Lucas & I spent the day in  the middle Cat room at the Humane Society of Marion County. I had already done some work there earlier this year, but we still had to finish the Cat Walk Wall. My husband had a great idea in mind of what would be fun for the kitties, and boy was he right.

Above are some of the pictures from that day, and as you can see there are a lot of happy cats exploring the wall. The first photo showcases the whole wall and all the tubes and boards that we put up so the kitties would have a place to hang out, literally;)You can see me busy painting & touching up the walls that I painted a soft lavender. My husband and son are the ones wearing the black shirts and Bruce Fishalow, the Executive Director, is in the green shirt checking out our progress. Everyone at the Humane Society specially Bruce, Lyn Zambito & Mary Wrye were thrilled with the way it all turned out. They are such such Angels! The best reward for all our hard work, was seeing the kitties having a fabulous time on the cat walk. There are so many sweet and gorgeous cats there ready to find someone to love and care for them, could you be one of them? I hope you can stop by and see the Cat Walk Wall and maybe meet a new companion:)

When I was there I asked myself, If you look at the cost of becoming a member of the Humane Society which is as little as $15 a year  and think about how much that money can help all of them and think about how many cups of coffee you can buy at Starbucks for that, maybe 4, I think we could all brew some coffee at home and help out all these sweet animals and the amazing people that take care of them. Please Think about donating to your local shelter and you will feel like the white Kitty in the picture above, Blissfully Happy!

Check out this link to see all the different ways you can help http://www.humanesocietyofmarioncounty.com/index_files/page0014.htm

Thanks So very much!!!!

Also you can check out this page from their Newsletter they wrote some very nice things about me:)

In February I remodeled the 1st  kitty room and  also painted a huge tree with kittens in it, here is a short video of how it turned out

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkh0hm_IKM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lashay Trautman - August 22, 2010 - 11:42 pm

very informative website!

Wendy - August 23, 2010 - 1:22 am

Wow, this has to be the coolest cat walk ever! Just look how happy those kitties are. :). Great job done by all and your paintings on the wall look fab! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

maggiesangels - August 23, 2010 - 9:44 am

Thanks so much Wendy Glad you love it. It was fun to do :)

Carol - August 23, 2010 - 3:21 pm

Those cats are really going to have fun with this cat walk wall. Very creative how it was designed, just perfect. And the artwork is beautiful, Maggie. Very nice. Thank you for sharing all of these pictures!

maggiesangels - August 23, 2010 - 3:59 pm

Thanks Carol! I am so glad you love the wall & the artwork. I appreciate you leaving a comment! I hope you stop by again :)

Sharon Crute - August 23, 2010 - 8:31 pm

I’m so impressed by the creative ideas! You guys rock…it’s all so cleverly designed. How generous and kind of you both.

maggiesangels - August 23, 2010 - 10:35 pm

Thanks so much Sharon, that means so much :)

Mary Wrye - August 26, 2010 - 9:24 am

That is so awesome! Just like you! Thank you and your family for the fanastic work and your love of our shelter and animals.

maggiesangels - August 26, 2010 - 10:15 am

Thanks Mary! You all are the ones that really make a difference :)

Lyn Beurrier - August 27, 2010 - 5:54 am

Maggie, you are our Angel! The cats and I can’t express how happy you and your family have made us. Everyday there are different cats playing in the tubes or lounging on the platforms. You and your family have made my babies so happy, I can’t thank you enough. Everyone who sees it is amazed!!! I love you guys!! Thanks from all the kitties.

maggiesangels - August 27, 2010 - 5:54 pm

I’m so glad the kitties love it. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. The best part is becoming friends with all of you and being able to adopt Mio, our little Chihuahua. He has brought a lot of smiles into our home. I believe that when you give, you always receive and many times you receive more than you gave. By the way, you are the Angel, because you save and help all those kitties everyday, bless you :)

Kate - September 15, 2010 - 1:24 am

I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. WoW

thomas sabo charm - September 17, 2010 - 2:41 am

Fab, just fab! Love to see posts that make you feel alive. Too bad we do not get more of these. This made my soul smile?.

M y   L i n k s